[rescue] Slightly OT: Bad Cap Saga

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Aug 17 12:01:58 CDT 2008

> I know there is talk of "capacitor plague" and some legend about
> industrial espionage gone wrong, etc.  [...]  But, the variety of
> manufacturers that I have been finding really has me doubting that --
> did *10* companies share this stolen secret?

The "industrial espionage gone wrong" applied not to a consumer
electronics maker, but to a capacitor maker.  The resulting caps were
sold to _everybody_, so, yes, it's not a bit surprising to see ten
different brands, or even ten different assembly houses, affected.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org