[rescue] Apple 2GB Quantum Fireball ST SCSI HD

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Aug 7 10:17:45 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 09:25:25AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:

> > You can also get flash modules meant to plug directly into the IDE
> > header from logicsupply.com.  I've been using those at work and they
> > have been way more compatible than CF cards were.
>
> I was not aware these were publicly available.  Thanks for the link!
>
> Now I wish I hadn't bought all those adapters...

I thought I'd mentioned that before to you elsewhere, but maybe you
bought those adapters before I got my issue worked out with the
vendor[0].

I have no connection with logic supply or emphase (the maker of the
unit), but I love them so much that I hate to see people using CF for
flash storage when they don't need to.  Unless they are reusing parts
they alread have, the Emphase modules from LogicSupply are very
competetively priced.  In our case, they actually save us money.

[0] The first unit I got had some compatibility glitches.  However, I
    let it sit for about 5 months, way past the logic supply return
    period, before trying it at all.  Meanwhile Emphase EOL'd that unit
    in favor of a new model with improved speed an compatibility.
    Despite the fact that I was way past the return period, LogicSupply
    was happy to replace my original purchase with one of the new units,
    and I have been so very pleased with the new ones.  I think I've
    gone through about a dozen so far.