[rescue] Password for a Netelligent 5708?

James Birdsall jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Mon Aug 4 23:56:28 CDT 2008

Sort of an off-chance, but does anybody know the default management
password for an old Compaq Netelligent 5708 switch? I just got hold of
one and it seems to be a nice 100baseTX switch, but unless I can get
into the serial console it doesn't really give me anything over the
smaller/cooler/quieter miniswitch I'm using now. Google only turns up a
bunch of other people asking if anyone has the manual for this thing,
and HP's site treats the entire 5000 series as a barely-mentioned lump.

Thanks!

--James Birdsall