[rescue] Repair of mylar ribbon cables

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:57:37 CDT 2008

Any of the soldering geeks out there have any suggestions for
re-attaching a male molex-type connector to a mylar ribbon cable?

I have 2 cables from iPod click wheels where one of the pins has been
pulled loose from the logic board connector.  I'd like to try to repair
them before plunking down the cash to get replacements.  The connector
has legs on it similar to an IC.

It looks like it might re-flow if it was pressed together and re-heated,
but was wondering if anyone had any better suggestions.  I have basic
soldering equipment here, but no access to a temperature controlled iron
at the moment.

Thanks--

=Nadine=