[rescue] E250 temperatures

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 13 19:43:29 CDT 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>> It has to do with the network LOM dropping off the network or suddenly
>> no longer listening to the SSH port.  I don't want to deploy the machine
>> if I'm not able to get to a serial console on it for reboots, patching,
>> remote maintenance, etc.
> I have to say, that is pretty shocking.

Not to me.  $ork bought a half-rack of V210 systems, and the ALOM
modules would -lock hard- if we turned on DHCP.  Sun couldn't reproduce
the problem, even though we could show it on every system we bought.
They closed the ticket more-or-less as "works for me!".

$ork hasn't bought any more Sun hardware since.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print