[rescue] E250 temperatures

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 13 11:21:38 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 07:26:04PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> I can't wait to make this system the new ohno.mrbill.net. I've had it for
>> a year and a half now, and firmware issues (fixed in development, but
>> not publicly released just yet) have kept me from deploying it.
>> Hopefully in the next month or so.
>
> Are you able to elaborate?  How are the other T1 users able to deploy if
> you cannot?

It has to do with the network LOM dropping off the network or suddenly
no longer listening to the SSH port.  I don't want to deploy the machine
if I'm not able to get to a serial console on it for reboots, patching,
remote maintenance, etc.

The machine is physically in Austin, and I'm 150 miles away in Houston,
so it's not like I could just drive over to the datacenter.

I've been working with engineers at Sun, and they've identified a bug,
done a fix, and it will be in the next revision of firmware for the
machine.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford