[rescue] Rack Ears for Cisco C1400 FDDI/CDDI Concentrator?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Apr 2 22:30:24 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Zach Lowry wrote:

> >> Yeah, i didn't realize that it was antiquated either.  Boy, I
> >> guess i need to unplug mine and throw it away! :)
> >
> > It sure beats the piss out of 100Mbps ethernet.
>
> I didn't mean to make anyone angry, just sayin'. It's not really
> being produced/deployed/supported anymore, for better or worse. I
> remember a number of discussions about the strengths of FDDI/CDDI, so
> I thought I'd try and give it a shot. I have a couple of sbus CDDI
> cards laying around, just need to locate some PCI adapters as well.

Also, 40Gb and 100Gb Ethernet are pretty much "just around the corner".

In any case, why would someone claiming that computer equipment is
antiquated annoy anyone here?  We're all after "antiquated" (or at
least obsolete) equipment, or else the "Rescue" title of the list would
apply more to one's pocketbook than what equipment we're getting.

Pat