[rescue] Rack Ears for Cisco C1400 FDDI/CDDI Concentrator?

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Wed Apr 2 20:27:15 CDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>>> First of all, antiquated?
>>>
>>> Second, I have a spare set available.
>> Yeah, i didn't realize that it was antiquated either.  Boy, I
>> guess i need to unplug mine and throw it away! :)
>
> It sure beats the piss out of 100Mbps ethernet.

I didn't mean to make anyone angry, just sayin'. It's not really
being produced/deployed/supported anymore, for better or worse. I
remember a number of discussions about the strengths of FDDI/CDDI, so
I thought I'd try and give it a shot. I have a couple of sbus CDDI
cards laying around, just need to locate some PCI adapters as well.