[rescue] OT: windows server question

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:47:16 CDT 2007

Is there some reason the process can't copy to a UNC path?
(\\servername\share\folder)

Steven made a good point about the service account having permissions
to the share.  If the local account has no permissions to it, it won't
mount.   You can change the account that the scheduler runs with but
that's opening a can of worms if you go down that path.

I don't know what you're doing so this is very hard.  I'm trying to
come up with solutions to what you're asking for, which may or may not
be what you need.  I'm under the impression that you have data on your
network somewhere that needs to be accessed by some scripts on another
system.  Is there any reason that data can't reside on this system,
and just share it out from this system?

Can you have a dedicated system with a dedicated domain account logged
in 24x7 for doing what you want?

Can you mount this CIFS share any other way? (NFS for instance),
perhaps on a Linux box to do what you want?

Bob D