[rescue] OT: windows server question

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Oct 30 16:19:53 CDT 2007

stephen price wrote:
>> I'm wondering why it would be important to have it
>> connected if nobody
>> is logged in.  Are you saying that all users need to
>> have it, or that
>> there is some sort of background process running
>> that needs to have it
>> connected even if nobody is logged in?
>>
>>     -Dan
>>

> A background process.  Currently we set it up so that
> whomever logs in has the share mounted, but
> occasionally somebody will log off & then the share is
> not there & the process dies.
>
> I just don't want or need to have someone logged on at
> all times....

How does that process run?  If it runs as a service, does it run as a
user account that you could have map the drive?  Typically drive
mappings are per user, not per server, although i should say that i have
no experience with CIFS NAS, so there could easily be something that i'm
missing.

    -Dan Sikorski