[rescue] SPARCclassic bits

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Oct 20 11:41:20 CDT 2007

Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
>> I don't believe IPX memory is fast enough for Classic/LX.  I think IPX
>> is 80ns
>> parts.
>>

> But who said they're 80 ns memory? These are 60 ns 4Mx36, and have
> been working flawlessly in IPX. Anyway- sylvercreekvalley gets them
> for free, so I don't believe he's gonna weep over them not working
> (which I douubt it won't).
>
> Rambo

Nice... your memory must be 3rd party then.  IPX iirc uses 80ns parts.
Attempting
to use 80ns parts in a Classic/LX can be done, but will either not work,
or likely
will run into corruption/crashes as you'd be pushing the parts beyond
their 80ns
speed.

And I doubt he'd weep over them not working... but if they were not fast
enough
better the memory goes somewhere where it could be used... rather than just
transferred to someone who can't use it.

Good to know your parts should be fast enough to satisfy the Classic/LX
though.

-- Curt