[rescue] Apple G4 chassis rebuild

N. Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:14:49 CDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 9:39 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I picked up a G4 466 system chassis (includes MB, CPU, optical
> drive but no RAM, HD, video card or PS), and I'd like to try and
> get it up and running...
>
> I have another G4 466 system to compare with, and the PS looks to
> be pretty standard, but I guess a stanrd PC supply won't work.
> Anyway, any sources for suitable power supplies for less than $75?
>
> I can mix-and-match parts to confirm the MB/etc work before I
> invest any money in the chassis, and if the parts fail, the
> external cabinet pieces (ext. plastic) are in much better shape and
> since I only paid $5 for the chassis, no harm done - but honestly,
> I'd like to get it up and running...

found via /. (of all places, I know) <http://apple.slashdot.org/
article.pl?sid=03/04/28/1523255>:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=95064  PSU pin-outs/
testing

<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/MacinPC_ATX_case/
Blue_G3_to_ATX.html>
<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/ATX_G4_AGP_conversion/
G4_AGP_to_ATX_case_pg2.htm>

The latter two are run-downs on Mac mobos to white box conversions.
I don't think most ATX PSUs will fit in the Mac case though.

There's also macmod.com...

=Nadine=