[rescue] Apple G4 chassis rebuild

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 11:39:54 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I picked up a G4 466 system chassis (includes MB, CPU, optical drive but no RAM, HD, video card or PS), and I'd like to try and get it up and running...

I have another G4 466 system to compare with, and the PS looks to be pretty standard, but I guess a stanrd PC supply won't work. Anyway, any sources for suitable power supplies for less than $75?

I can mix-and-match parts to confirm the MB/etc work before I invest any money in the chassis, and if the parts fail, the external cabinet pieces (ext. plastic) are in much better shape and since I only paid $5 for the chassis, no harm done - but honestly, I'd like to get it up and running...

Lionel