[rescue] Sun systems

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 06:21:03 CDT 2007

>From: Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net>
>Date: 2007/10/10 Wed AM 05:28:35 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Sun systems

<snip>

>In any case, I now have three Ultra 2s (Lionel says you can never have
>too many unless you are Lionel) and find them to be very useful for many
>things.

They are very useful boxes, no slouch for headless operation, and even pretty reasonable for desktop use. I plan on keeping a couple U2s with 400 MHz CPUs as test boxes - at least until they are no longer supported by the latest rev of Solaris. A 2 Gig machine with either 2x 300 or 2x 400 MHz CPUs is quite a useful box.

Lionel