[rescue] was: What a load of...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 1 17:07:08 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at artell.net>
>> Date: 2007/10/01 Mon PM 01:30:10 CDT
>> To: 'The Rescue List' <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [rescue] What a load of...
>
> <snip>
>
>> Our Volvo (an 850 Turbo Diesel wagon) is a small-medium sized car by US
>> standards, but it's pretty big by French standards; most folks here drive
>> itty-bitty things like the Renault Twingo or the  Peugeot 107.
>
> The Volovo 850 is not considered small or even mid-size even here in America (at least in the places I am familiar with, like car rental firms, etc) - it is considered full-size, and since I, a 6' 7" male with the weight of a much taller man can drive one comfortably, I think it's full-size too.
>
> Well, ours is really an XC70, but the basic size is the same...

We're looking at an XC70 as a replacement when we retire our Intrepid
R/t, which is getting long in the tooth and rattly and squeaky.  Typical
lack of attention to detail:  the fuel guage backlight bulb has burned
out, and you can't replace it without tearing the entire dash apart.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.