[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 58, Issue 27

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Oct 1 15:16:27 CDT 2007

" From: "Caleb Shay" <caleb at webninja.com>
"
" On 10/1/07, John Francini <francini at mac.com> wrote:
" > They most likely do not meet the current Federal emissions regs for
" > diesels.
"
" Close, but exactly the opposite.  US diesel, up until this year, had a
" MUCH higher sulfur content than European diesel.  By "much", I mean in
" the area of 100x-1000x as many ppm.
" []
" However, US diesel was modified this year so that it
" only has about 10x as much sulfur as European diesel, so the engines
" can be used unmodified, so the only expense is certification.  I'm

yeah, american refiners were finally forced to do 'the impossible' -
what euro refiners had been doing for years.  want to know a dirty
little secret?  home heating oil is still unreg and still has at least
as much sulfur as diesel previously had.