[rescue] What a load of...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Oct 1 08:28:39 CDT 2007

Michael-John Turner wrote:
> Yeah, definitely. US muscle cars are pretty rare here - you the see the odd
> Mustang, Camaro and Firebird, but nothing much more "exotic". I think it's
> a result of those cars not being sold in large numbers here. Although I
> wasn't around at the time, I think cars like the various Valiants (which I
> think came from Australia) and British Fords (Capri, Cortina, etc) were
> more easily availably. Still, a few months ago I saw a mint condition
> Challenger on the roads...

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that US
sportscars are overly expensive in Europe, making them rather
unattractive for European drivers.  One example is the Ford Mustang GT.
Here in the US, if you're looking for muscle (and can turn a blind eye
to handling) it's hard to beat for the price of $25k.  However, raise
the price 5-10k, and there are many better cars to choose from.

    -Dan Sikorski