[rescue] Transportation .uk -> .de

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 05:07:42 CST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 11:02:47AM +0100, Arno Kletzander wrote:
[...]
> I'm still in the process of contacting the current owners as I wanted to
> inform myself beforehand whether I can arrange transportation. Items may
> be coming from:
> -Glasgow

Ah, land of the Clockwork Orange and deep-fried pizza. (Deep-fried Mars bars
are for the English tourists.)

> -East London

The E450? You're going to have to collect that in person.

> -Dorset (this one is fairly critical, would have to be collected before
> Christmas) and would have to be transported to southern Germany (Nuremberg
> area) for some compensation (meal, fuel money, etc).

Note that miles are about 5km long in Dorset, and driving two miles is
considered quite an achievement :)

> Offers and suggestions welcome.

The most obvious answer would be to acquire a car and take it over on the
ferry/Eurostar, however you've managed to pick about the furthest corners of
Britain to want stuff from and it's probably about a 2,000km round trip,
most of which will probably end up on A roads rather than motorways. You
might want to consider how many of these items you really want.