[rescue] Never thought I'd ask this

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 11:30:25 CST 2007

On 10/23/07, Jonathan Groll <lists at groll.co.za> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 02:49:49PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> >
> > When I last used FreeBSD as my desktop at work (that was, right up until
> > I got tired of the whine of that Dell's fan and brought a Mac from
> > home), I had a window manager that whose source was less than 16
> > kilobytes.  The developer[0] has a goal of getting it down to 10k.
> >

> > [0] A rather brilliant coworker.
>
> OK, enough hints already, is this wm available to the public, and
> which one is it?
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

If you want small window managers, the source to dwm is 17k:
http://www.suckless.org/wiki/dwm
I use it on my laptop and desktop; it's pretty nice. The w9wm source
is about 24k, so if you are partial to the Plan 9 windowing system, it
might be a good choice.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn