[rescue] PCI-X Server Video?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu May 31 12:42:22 CDT 2007

PCI-X should support "regular" PCI cards:

"Q3: Is PCI-X 2.0 backward compatible with all generations of PCI?
A3: Yes. PCI-X 2.0 is logically backward compatible to all previous generations and speed grades of PCI and PCI-X.
PCI-X 266 and PCI-X 533 devices are electrically compatible with 3.3V and 1.5V IO buffers only; they are not
compatible with 5V PCI. (Note: The latest version of the PCI local-bus specification (version 3.0) obsoletes 5V-only
add-in cards and 5V-only system slots.)"

>From this PCI FAQ: http://www.pcisig.com/news_room/faqs/faq_20/pcix20_faq.pdf

Of course, YMMV...

Lionel