[rescue] what to do with a dec alpha 255

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list at oryx.cc
Wed May 30 22:18:18 CDT 2007

I couldn't agree more.  I've worked with a lot of Unix, and Unix clones
in my day.  I feel fully justified in this statement, after my company
purchased an IBM training card for me a couple of years back, which was
essentially as many IBM AIX/p-series classes as I could fit into my
schedule in a 1 year period.

IMHO, AIX is a recursive acronym like GNU.

AIX = Aix Isn't uniX.

I've done AT&T Unix, several BSD's, some linux, SCO, Solaris && Sun OS
(4.x), NeXT, SGI Irix, Interactive Unix (before Sun bought them), and
I'm sure there are a couple I've left out.

And as bad as SMIT is, if you click the option to see the command being
executed (within SMIT), I find it difficult to believe that anyone other
that the most die hard AIX fans would be able to pull them off.  But
then again, all the AIX only admin's I know love SMIT.

/rant off    :)

Jerry K

STUFF DELETED HERE