[rescue] HPPA hardware question (forwarded from another list)

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:15:48 CDT 2007

On 29 May 2007, at 19:39, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:10:08PM +0200, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski
> wrote:
>> Well, it's kind of my point too, but, as the saying goes:
>> "They don't build them like they once did"
>> My current server is falling apart after just 4 years in service,
>> while my
>> 12 years old B132L is running like a charm (excluding dead NVRAM
>> battery).
>> These old HP machines were very reliable and heavy-duty, so what
>> it's 7 years
>> old, when it will work for another 7 without maintenance?
>
> I've got some machines at home that are almost 20 years old that
> work fine.

Generally speaking the older they are and/or the higher spec the
longer they last. They don't make computers like they used to, mind
you it's probably a good job or I'd be in a wheelchair by now - they
don't make IT Techs like they used to either! ;)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>