[rescue] PDP on EBay

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Tue May 29 00:39:16 CDT 2007

> On Friday 25 May 2007 15:08, velociraptor wrote:
>> Listing URL:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Electrical-Component-NR_W0QQitemZ17011454
>> 1243QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4668QQcmdZViewItem
>>
>> Currently @ $.99.
>>
>> Not affiliated, just happened across it while looking at their other
>> offerings.
>
>> From that photo, it's hard to tell if they're selling a whole
>> machine,
> or just a frontpanel... or if it even has any board in it.
>
> It's unfortunate that the seller seems to be completely useless for
> answering questions too; the FAQ they have says that if you have a
> question, "study the picture carefully".
>
> Grr.
>
> Pat

Well, it went for over $300 (or at least was bid up to that...)
EBay now hides the bidder names, so no idea who won it...

So, where would one go and see a PDP like this?  I'm in Atlanta,
and the only place I've read of (aside from a few rescuer's houses)
would be the Boston Computer Museum and perhaps one other place
in SF.

I don't recall seeing one at the Smithsonian when they had their
information
age... though I did see a Apple 1 (with wooden case) and Pournells
"Zeke"
and my one and only viewing of a Sun 1...

Earl