[rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon May 28 20:17:21 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> His listing concerns me - his title is bad, the description is non-existant, and he seems to *revel* in the fact that everything is sold as-is, with no warranty. But the final thing that gets me, and this alone could break the deal for me, is he claims 900,000 positive feedbacks, yet eBay shows 200,000+, and he has a 90% positive approval - that means 20,000+ folks felt "burned" or unhappy with their transaction (assuming any "no response" is left out of the calculation)...

For anyone following this one (and this is the third time I've
participated in 'this'
auction), I've now seen the last two times won by the same bidder
(whypaymore$).

I'm 99.9% positive this is shill bidding in action.

But unless the seller is claiming the high bidder never paid, then each
time he
shills and loses, his profit is going to go down.

Does this smell like a shill to everyone else here too ?

This seller is fishy...

He can list it several hundred times if he wants... but if he thinks I'm
going to push
my bid up and up till I find the limits of his shill, he's going to lose
his shirt on this
item... because as previously discussed, this could likely be an empty
unit... devoid
of cards...

-- Curt