[rescue] Amiga videos online for your enjoyment

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 23 16:15:25 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:10:46PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> If you don't think it justifies the cost then that's fine. I was just
> trying to stick up for someone's hard work (and they did do a fair
> bit). Not only that but there are some software packages on there
> that I deem essential for using Amiga, like Picasso96 and MUI, that I
> was glad to pay for.

I'd rather pay money directly to the authors of Picasso96 and MUI than
have the money go to Cloanto, who may or may not give "kickbacks" to
them.

> I personally have never once regretted buying it and I recommend it
> to everyone I know who uses Amiga, be it UAE, or real hardware.

Yes, it's a good purchase and well worth it, but don't get it in your
head for a single minute that they're doing it "for the community" -
if they wanted to sell it for just cost of production and distribution,
licensing, etc, it would be closer to $25-30 for the premier edition and
not $60.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford