[rescue] Amiga videos online for your enjoyment

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:10:46 CDT 2007

On 23 May 2007, at 20:44, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Sure, ideals and community spirit may tie in somewhat, but at its
> core,
> AF is a product (mostly slapped together from other people's
> efforts) sold
> by Cloanto to make a profit.  I don't see anything wrong with that,
> but
> I also don't think they have exclusive copyrights on videos that
> have been
> floating around the community for (in some cases) more than twenty
> years.

If you don't think it justifies the cost then that's fine. I was just
trying to stick up for someone's hard work (and they did do a fair
bit). Not only that but there are some software packages on there
that I deem essential for using Amiga, like Picasso96 and MUI, that I
was glad to pay for.

Don't forget also that a lot of the software, the ROMs, and Workbench
had to be licensed, which all costs.

I personally have never once regretted buying it and I recommend it
to everyone I know who uses Amiga, be it UAE, or real hardware.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>