[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 21 09:28:28 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 03:13:54PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Penetration of hard disks and/or monitors was probably less than 10% in the
> UK market. Most people had fairly basic units plugged into the telly with a
> pile of copied games.

Everybody I know (at the time, in small-town Oklahoma) just had an A500;
I had an A1000.  I used my Atari ST monitor with an adapter for a while,
then eventually got a 1080.  Friend of mine used a TV on his A500 until
he bought the Atari ST monitor off me a few months later.  I used the
composite video-out on the A1000 to do video titling and effects for my
high school's cable-access news show. 8-)

I'd never actually seen an A2000 "in the flesh" until the box arrived
from Mike Parson a few weeks ago.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford