[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 21 09:07:02 CDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 10:01:11AM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> PC blew it AWAY. I'm sooo glad my parents went the route of a Gateway 2000
> PC (386-25DX w/ VGA) versus an Amiga 2000. To bring the Amiga up to a
> similiar level required a huge investment. The monitors are television.

Only on the early systems - The A1000 had both composite and normal RGB
video out; the A500 could only connect to a TV with a separate RF
adapter.  The A2000/3000/4000 don't have any native provision to connect to
a TV.

> The reason they are oh so great at TV is they use one for a monitor. I
> gave my A2000 away (it was given to me, not my computer from when I was
> young). The video drove me NUTS. I'm used to pixel accuracy, and not
> interlace. Yes, I know there was $500 flicker fixer VGA interfaces...

What the heck were you using for a monitor on it?  If you were using a TV,
no wonder the picture sucked...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford