[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon May 21 09:01:11 CDT 2007

> It was originaly sold as a games machine, but there were few games and
> they were expensive (compared to PC games), hard to find (there were
> few Amiga dealers), and did not take advantage of things like hard
> disks.

My take, Amiga versus PC...

Amiga = nice games.

PC blew it AWAY. I'm sooo glad my parents went the route of a Gateway 2000
PC (386-25DX w/ VGA) versus an Amiga 2000. To bring the Amiga up to a
similiar level required a huge investment. The monitors are television.
The reason they are oh so great at TV is they use one for a monitor. I
gave my A2000 away (it was given to me, not my computer from when I was
young). The video drove me NUTS. I'm used to pixel accuracy, and not
interlace. Yes, I know there was $500 flicker fixer VGA interfaces...

Amiga had cool games and demos, but as far as it being much more, I didn't
see it. Yea, C-Net was kind of cool, and some aspects were okay. But I
thought the hype was a bit bold over the machine.

Sorry.