[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun May 20 09:19:09 CDT 2007

At 08:46 AM 5/20/2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>I had an Atari 800 (after my OSI Superboard), but never upgraded it
>to the point of getting a floppy drive for it - I was too distracted
>by the TRS-80s at school (they had floppy drives). That said, I did
>like the "Star Raiders" game...

Never had "Star Raiders", but a friend did.  I have fond memories of
calling the Atari 800 number and requesting tech info packages with
the register level info (and examples!) for configuring the various
chips.  I wonder if I still have any of those old photocopies...

My best project was to bit-bang interface a small ADC to the 800
through the joystick ports. The plan was to sample audio and display
it on screen as a digital 'scope demo, but I don't think I ever made
that work quite right.  I did manage to graph voltage vs. time curves
of battery discharge, comparing nicads to alkalines and looking for
the "memory effect".

--
newell