[rescue] Amigas arrived

Gary Goddard gaz.god at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:45:16 CDT 2007

Brian Wheeler wrote:
> That reminds me...I put my A2500 into storage a few months ago, so
> should I have yanked the battery from it?  Will the machine work OK with
> the battery removed?
>
> Now if I could just find a set of roms for my A2091 that let me hook up
> more than one SCSI device without it hanging I'd give AMIX a shot!
>
> Brian

You probably should have, 2000 can be killed by battery damage too.
4000's and 2000's  work fine with the batery, all it does is keep the
rtc information. IIRC 3000's use it to hold the information about
softkick too, so if you have a 3000 without real roms a battery is
required or you need to insert a floppy every boot.

Gary