[rescue] Amigas arrived

Brian Wheeler bdwheele at indiana.edu
Fri May 18 07:11:51 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 02:49 +0100, Gary Goddard wrote:
> Get the battery off the 4000 asap, doesn't look to bad at the moment but
> they do have a tendency to eat the board taking out the RTC first then
> on to the fast ram slots. If you don't want to strip the motherboard out
> a pair of side cutters can be used to snip the tabs on the battery.
>
> Welcome back to the world of swearing at everything commodore and their
> mothers. Usually followed by "I only moved a F***ing zorro card". Then
> often begging and pleading with it to work again. :D
>
> Gary

That reminds me...I put my A2500 into storage a few months ago, so
should I have yanked the battery from it?  Will the machine work OK with
the battery removed?

Now if I could just find a set of roms for my A2091 that let me hook up
more than one SCSI device without it hanging I'd give AMIX a shot!

Brian