[rescue] Finding older memory chips

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 11 15:18:41 CDT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 08:53:33PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> I recommend you try to find memory for the 030 in preference to
> memory for that Supra card, as accelerator boards run very slowly
> when accessing Zorro II and motherboard memory.
> What kind of 030 is it? I might have some memory for that and it's
> light enough to post across the Pond.

It's a Microbotics VXL-30:
http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=79

(my pics:
	http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/480660860/
	http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/480671533/
	http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/480672469/ )

SoftHut has one as-is with a 2M RAM expander board for $25, but I want
to avoid putting any more money into this box until I (a) get at least
Workbench 2.1 up and running on it, with a hard drive and SCSI CD-ROM,
and (b) see how the A4000 turns out.  If the 4K is good, I'll use that
as my main system, and then *maybe* equip this A2K with a Video Toaster
eventually.  The other A2K that's coming with the A4K; depending on its
config I may just get it up and working and give it to a friend who wants
to relive hours playing Dungeon Master.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford