[rescue] Anyone need any three foot patch cables?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jun 28 10:30:48 CDT 2007

Lionel wrote:

> Instead, whoever put the setup together used only 14' cables. Some of
> the cables were wrapped three complete turns around the cable guides
on
> the hub.

   Sounds like the situation with power cables, too: Sun ships six-foot
power cables as standard even though PSUs in slim servers like the
T1000, T2000, and others have a cross-section about the same as a
playing card. WhereTF am I supposed to route all this stuff?

   Sure, I could go out and buy shorter power cables (and then not be
able to pull the server out of the rack while it's still cabled), but if
that's the best idea then why hasn't Sun offered it?

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator