[rescue] URGENT: SCSI RAID

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Sun Jun 24 21:17:25 CDT 2007

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> So, is there a particular reason for not wanting a LSI RAID
> controller (I realize it was Shridhar and not you Phil)?  I've been
> preferring LSI to Adaptec in general these past number of years, but
> am I wrong about what's better?  And where does Qlogic rate?

Qlogic makes SCSI RAID cards? Their FC and iSCSI HBAs are first-rate,
but they don't do anything outside of SAN stuff these days.

In my eyes you're not wrong about the controller brand but in Sdrihar's
case it might be easier to resurrect a dead machine with a controller
compatible with what was fried by lightning ;)

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com