[rescue] Best brains: Dead keyboard ports on PC hardware

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 19 09:32:10 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>> Stick in a USB PCI card that is supported by W2K. When it boots, Windows
>> will see your keyboard and mouse.
>
> That's worth a try.  I think I may have a PCI USB2.0 card around here
> someplace, if I can just find it.  I thought of putting in a PCI PS/2
> card if I could find such a thing, but was concerned that even if I
> could, it might conflict with the existing failed hardware.  The USB
> card idea might well work, though.

Oh ...   it just occurred to me that the problem here is until the USB
card is "installed" by Windows, there'll be no way to respond to the
dialogs Windows throws up in the course of installing it.

(And, Windows being under discussion, you can take that "Throws up" any
way you like.)

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.