[rescue] FTP site for archive of _all_ old platforms on it's way

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Mon Jun 18 16:45:45 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 04:12:12PM -0500, Timothy Baldridge wrote:

| You could always do the "Complain if you don't like it" method.

... which might actually work for abandonware, since people won't mind
that much -- and many will think it's great.

| Can someone actually sue you until they issue you a
| cease-and-desist?

Yes.  Hell, I could sue you for using too many hyphens in that
sentence.  Doesn't mean I'd win ...

Cease-and-desist letters are cheap.  Suing somebody is not.

| You could just go ahead and set it up, and if they complain, take it
| down.

... of course, if you've put a lot of effort into it, you won't want
to take it down.  And just because you take it down, that doesn't stop
them from suing you.

I'm not saying that the project isn't worthwhile -- I feel quite the
opposite.  But it might be prudent to protect yourself somehow if you
decide to do this -- and I'm not sure how one would protect yourself,
short of moving the entire operation to Russia.  I guess that's what
lawyers are for.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq'|dc