[rescue] SGI ORIGIN 3800 SUPERCOMPUTER

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Mon Jun 18 16:00:31 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:12:55PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

| My first "BIG iron" SGI was an Origin 2000 that I setup when I worked for
| Comco (http://www.tx.altair.com/) back in '98-99.  "Oh yeah, just stick it
| in an empty office and close the door.."

It's still in that empty office, but there's also a rack of HP 1u HP
machines in there now.

| Power supply failed after about three months, DAMN that thing was huge and
| heavy to pull out.

Something in the memory controller failed about six months, and we
decided it wasn't worth fixing, and so the machine is sitting there.
I think it's still sitting there, or maybe I've just been tuning it's
absense out :)

Well, www.tx.altair.com hasn't, but www.comco.com has :)

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated!