[rescue] OS X is certified UNIX

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:42:23 CDT 2007

To be called UNIX you have to license the trademark from the OpenGroup
(see www.unix.org) and nothing more.... well mostly.  They will only
license it to you if you pass their tests for meeting various
requirements of the UNIX specification.  The UNIX specification is
something like 90 pounds in print.  The OpenGroup owns the trademark.
I don't think you can be grandfathered into that but I'm not a lawyer.

Bob