[rescue] HP Visualize C200 Workstations

Lucyen Gabbard lucyen at uark.edu
Tue Jun 12 17:26:48 CDT 2007

>> That's because they're built by the old HP.
>>
>> Which is to say, they're built like tanks.

> [HP] specifically added heavier gauge metal to the chassis because
> often the server would be replacing a much larger, older machine.
>
> The old gurus would come by and slap the side of the machine,
> expecting to demonstrate that the new machine was a lightweight piece
> of junk.

So the next time I am moving my J210 around the office and swearing up a
storm, I really need to be swearing at drum storage era computer gurus.
`Thanks guys.`

On that note, I have an HP J210 in Fayetteville, Arkansas that could use a
good home with concrete floors.  It has 2 PA7200's running at 120MHz.  I
have bumped her up to 1.4G of RAM, and shoe horned a 36GB IBM onto the
narrow SCSI interface.  On that drive is installed a running Gentoo 2006.1
install.  It is unstable with SMP, so I don't run it.

If someone local can come pick it up, then they can have it and a 16oz Dr.
Pepper.  If you want me to mail it to you, I will expect shipping.

-Mr. Lucyen Gabbard                                           --
 Systems Administrator                        Join The ASCII  /~\
 College of Engineering                       Ribbon Campaign \ /
 1108B Bell Engineering Center                Against HTML     X
 Fayetteville, AR  72701                      Email!          / \
 E-Mail: lucyen at uark.edu