[rescue] Operating system for Axil 320

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jun 11 14:26:01 CDT 2007

" From: ajones <ascii.letter at gmail.com>
"
" Solaris 8 (and its patches, IIRC) still available for download directly
" from Sun.  http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/8/

they've changed patch access to something requiring a sunsolve account
and password.  i have one [for a long time] and can d/l patches in my
browser, but i can't get their getsolpatch.sh script to work; wget
exits with an authentication error on the http url but not the https.
i have the recommended wget and openssl.  anyone?

i've been going around with sun support [sso#36906] since this change
happened in late march, and they've done -nothing-.  patchpolicy
passed me off to sunsolve, who - after two months - replied that patch
access had changed and i should direct my questions to patchpolicy...

i also haven't been able to get smpatch to do anything.  this may be
the same underlying error.