[rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sun Jun 10 23:52:10 CDT 2007

The interesting question here might be the encryption being used (if
any).  On my slower Mac laptops, and with the first-generation
AirPort, there was a discernable (and large) speed difference between
WEP and clear transmission. From what I understand, the
encryption/decryption was being done on the host computer instead of
in hardware on the access card. That would definitely slow things
down.

Since I live near Phil Stracchino, I'll probably go visit his place
with one or two of my Mac laptops and see what sort of speeds I see
doing large data transfers.  I'll probably do this in the next few
days.  One or the both of us will report back our findings.