[rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 9 16:36:52 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
>> Date: 2007/06/09 Sat PM 01:52:08 CDT
>> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch
>
>> The original poster has a PowerBook G4/867, which is, in fact, a
>> TiBook, and can't do 11g.
>>
>> He's obviously reasonably happy with 802.11b speeds.
>
> Uhm, no.
>
> The poster of the 802.11g comment I was referring to was *not* the original poster (Patrick), but another list member (Phil), who did not specify what brand of laptop he was using/referring to. Also, Phil  referred to 802.11g specifically (see below, original posting included)...

Hm.  I seem to have missed a few intervening messages in the thread.

The laptop is a Thinkpad 600E running Slackware 11.  The AP is a Linksys
WRT54G running DD-WRT.  The wireless NIC is a Linksys WPC54G.  And the
most common position in which the laptop is used is perhaps 15 feet
slant distance from the AP.  According to monitoring software on the
laptop, it has excellent signal strength and is achieving a good clean
link.  Nevertheless, the actual data rate it achieves is terrible.  2
megabits/sec (reported) is typical.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.