[rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Jun 9 11:19:54 CDT 2007

On Jun 9, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>> Date: 2007/06/09 Sat AM 09:21:02 CDT
>> To: rescue at sunhelp.org, The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: [rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch
>
>> I have a nice clean 460T switch, with rackmount ears, for sale.
>>
>> 10/100, serial console, SNMP, some kind of Web GUI as well.
>>
>> Can be seen/configured/managed by Intel Device View.
>>
>> Works fine, I am selling because I no longer need more than 8
>> ethernet ports at home.
>
> That may be the silliest reason for shedding a piece of hardware
> I've heard ;^)

There may also be an unstated noise reason.

> Why, any replacement switch will have 1/3 as many LEDs, and is
> almost guaranteed not have rack ears, the sign of true professionsl
> grade hardware (like my Netgear 24 port switch ;^)...

I actually have (and at the moment it is the only one in use) a
rackmount 8 port SMC switch.

I'm thinking of replacing the SMC with something else (more ports and
quieter), probably netgear.  Although, I will still be hanging onto
the SMC for when I get a house.