[rescue] Password reset on SMC TigerSwitch 8624T

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Sat Jun 2 23:06:27 CDT 2007

Devin Ganger wrote:
> Anyone here know any tricks? I can always opt for the "return to SMC" route,
> and since it's a new acquisition it's not like I'm depending on it for any
> sort of networking. Still, I'd rather take a few minutes to tweak it and get
> it running.

Depending on if it is a V1 or V2 unit "return to SMC" may be the
*official* solution.

In the manual it shows that you can reset the unit to factory defaults
over the serial port, have you tried that (you didn't explicitly say...)?

http://www.smc.com/files/AD%5CMN_8624T_V1_MAN.pdf
http://www.smc.com/files/AI%5CMN_8624T_V2_MAN.pdf

It's listed under "upgrading firmware via the serial port".

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com