[rescue] Password reset on SMC TigerSwitch 8624T

Devin Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sat Jun 2 22:53:01 CDT 2007

Not the usual old equipment rescue, but there are enough networking folks
here I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for an answer.

A friend of mine recently picked up three used SMC TigerSwitch 8624T GigE
switches and gave me one in a fit of generosity. It appears to be fully
functional, with the small problem that when they were never reset to
factory configuration, so I don't have administrative access to it.

Looking for directions on resetting these units has given no real results;
there are a couple of defaults (admin/admin; admin/super; guest/guest,
enable/super) that people suggest but none of them work.

Anyone here know any tricks? I can always opt for the "return to SMC" route,
and since it's a new acquisition it's not like I'm depending on it for any
sort of networking. Still, I'd rather take a few minutes to tweak it and get
it running.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/