[rescue] Stumbled on this pdp8/m? on ebay...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:48:14 CDT 2007

On 5/28/07, M Thompson <m_thompson at ids.net> wrote:
> >His listing concerns me - his title is bad, the description is
> >non-existant, and he seems to *revel* in the fact that everything is
> >sold as-is, with no warranty. But the final thing that gets me, and
> >this alone could break the deal for me, is he claims 900,000
> >positive feedbacks, yet eBay shows 200,000+, and he has a 90%
> >positive approval - that means 20,000+ folks felt "burned" or
> >unhappy with their transaction (assuming any "no response" is left
> >out of the calculation)...
>
> eBay says 9077 negative and 10517 neutral feed backs in the last 12 months.

Lots of people don't have many clues when it comes to what "AS-IS"
means, though.  When I consider purchasing from any as-is auction, I
consider the description, the picture, etc. and decide how much $$ I
am willing to just throw in the trash vs. having the chance of buying
something I want for a low price.  It's just another form of gambling.

Many people can't (or won't) do that kind of analysis and live with
the results, so will leave feedback reflecting their emotional state
as a result of making the mistake.

=Nadine=