[rescue] Looking for sun 13w3 monitor or 13w3 to VGA adapter

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Dec 24 03:32:40 CST 2007

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 08:49:22PM -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
> Bill wrote:
> > First, there was no need to post *that* to the list.
>    What, publicly shunning the guy by announcing that I have added him to my
> killfile? Since when has that become unacceptable? Or is this another one of
> those "You keep using that word -- I do not think it means what you think it
> means" moments that haunt me so? :7)

No, there's just no need to post a plonk *to the list*.  Send it to him if
you want, but it's not worth wasting list bandwidth to send that out to
however many hundreds of people subscribe to rescue at .

>    Oh, the shame! Our campus email server still embarrasses me like that; it's
> like having a messily drunk date.  I do apologize. We thought we'd had the
> Exchange server house-broken, but every so often (like when I use Safari to
> our Outlook Web Access pages), it poops all over someone's living room. Sorry
> 'bout that. And in all honesty, is there anything I can do as a user to keep
> it from doing that?

Not that I know of; I strip attachments and force posts to 7-bit ASCII
anyway.

>    Anyway, if anyone's still reading this thread, I hope you all have a merry
> Christmas. And thanks to our patient host, Mister Bill: a prosperous & happy
> new year to you, sir.

Thank you, to you and everyone else as well.

> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had
> a name of winmail.dat]

BAD DOG!

Bill

--