[rescue] Looking for sun 13w3 monitor or 13w3 to VGA adapter

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 20 18:29:26 CST 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Nick Allgood wrote:

> Im really looking for the monitor and honestly would not like to pay
> much if anything for it except shipping. Shipping shouldn't be more
> than $25 within the continental USA. ( I have shipped several
> computers weighing 50lbs+ and $25 was the rough cost via UPS ground)

I believe you are not accounting for the proper boxing/packing necessary
for a large CRT.   By the time you box up a 20" tube, you'll pay quite a
bit for the foam and a decent surcharge on the carriage of an
unusually-cuboidal box.

If you don't have your heart set on a Sun-badged display, I have Sun
monitor adapters for using a PC display, but I'd not be able to ship one
until after Christmas.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Elgin, TX