[rescue] Sun Fire v100 question

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:09:28 CST 2007

Thank you to all who responded.  I swapped the processor out, adjusted
the jumpers, and no go.  LOM came up but it woudln't boot and I got no
messages at all (but I could #. back into LOM).  I put everything back
the way it was, popped in the old processor, and it came right up.  I
even did a LOM reset with JP13 and it still didn't work.  My guess is
the processor went, then the disk and memory got pulled, then it got
put on eBay.   For $35 (including shipping) I have a new processor fan
that isn't noisy, a non-cracked front bezel, a replacement clip
"thing" that holds the front bezel for the one that was broken, and
several other parts.  Mind you my good one was only $53.00 so I'm
ahead of the game, with or without the faster CPU.

Again, thanks to all that responded,
Bob